BSP Sri Lanka
International Air Transport Association
Level 26, East Tower, World Trade
Echelon Square, Colombo 01, Sri Lanka.
IATA Customer Portal | Handbook for IATA Customer Portal
Contact Person Buddhika Hewawasam
BSP (Billing Settlement Plan)
• The pilot programme of BSP commenced in July, 2005 with the participation of 6 airlines and 9 agents and it was distributed by 3 GDSs - Galileo, Amadeus and Abacus.
• While the pilot programme was running, Tag (Paper) tickets and e-tickets were also issued in parallel by the above mentioned GDSs and agents.
• The fully fledged BSP system was introduced with 73 agents and 20 airlines.
• E-tickets were introduced to Sri Lankan Market which replaced Tag tickets in January 2007.
• In December the number of agents increased to 92.